Mar 14, 2011

Friends

Some days back as I was relaxing @ home, I just started thinking of my schooling days and the Friends I've made along the way how all this friends have turned out to be,have they influenced my future in any way?Surprisingly,at school I was very friendly all the way from primary to High School. But in College things changed, that lonesome part of me lingered on and I would often drift away from society to enjoy my solitude. These isolated moments gave me opportunity to read, to mediate, to ponder or to evaluate some of the new friends I had acquired.
I have never trusted friends very few people are genuine to others in life. It is even more difficult in urban settings to find genuine friends. Again William Shakespeare saw these things very early in Hamlet we read”Be thou familiar; but by no means vulgar. The friends thou hast and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul, with hoops of steel, but do not dull thy palm, with entertainment of each unhatched, unfledged comrade give every man thine ear; but few thy voice. Take mans censure but reserve thy judgment”.Im of course taking a very pessimistic view of urban friends. But pessimism does not appear out of the blues. A so called friend who used to tell my mother everything I did, until I got to understand him better it runs in the Family. Minding other people's problems and telling others, other so called friends who will grin sweetly but their ultimate aim is your wallet. I know he’ll be reading this blog coz he has always admired the Kenyanchui’s in one way or another. I still hang with my friends knowingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment